Claire has danced, taught and adjudicated for the last 30 years and began her training in the Illawarra.
Upon completion of year 12 at McDonald college ,she then went on to graduate with Honours from The Australian Ballet school’s asscociate Diploma course.
Claire then joined The Australian Ballet and danced many corps and soloist roles, working under artists such as Natalia Markarova, Ross Stretton, David Mcallister, Stanton Welch, Graeme Murphy, Stephen Baynes, Stephen Paige and Natalie Wier.
Moving north she then became a Soloist with The Queensland Ballet, working with Francois Klaus, Noah Gelber (for Willaim Forsythe), Nils Christie, Mario Schroeder, Davida Bombana, Young soon-hue, Natalie Weir and Paul Boyd. During which time she also became Ballet Mistress. Upon her return to NSW Claire has danced with the Australian Opera Company.
Favourite roles include:
- White and black Swan in Swan Lake,
- classical Grande pas de deux’s like Don Quioxte, Le Corsaire, Sleeping Beauty, Michaela in Carmen, Lilac Fairy in Sleeping Beauty, Eurycides in Orpheus and
- many Principal and soloist roles in both classical and contemporary ballets in Australia and around the world.
Claire has also staged and rehearsed a wide variety of repertoire from numerous choreographers for professional companies. Claire has adjudicated for the R.A.D, Cecchetti society , Sydney Eisteddfod, ATOD, Queensland Ballet company, Professional year and Junior extension programs, Queensland Dance school of excellence, Sayers Ballet, as well as teaching Ballet and Pilates from all ages from beginners to professionals. Appointments include:
- The Australian Ballet Education Program,
- Queensland Ballet Company and all training and education programs,
- Expressions Dance Company,
- Bangarra Dance Theatre,
- Austinmer Dance Theatre,
- Joanne Grace School of Dance,
- Sydney Ballet School,
- The Dance Spot,
- Tanya Pearson,
- Carisma dance,
- Royal Academy of Dance scholarships,
- Bursaries and summer schools.
Claire has attained her Advanced Diploma of Dance with honours from The Australian Ballet School, Diploma of Dance Teaching Studies with high distinction from The Royal Academy of Dance, Stott and Allegro Pilates instructor training and First Aid in and Education and care setting.
Working With Children Check number WWC0001278E